[tex-k] diffs in trap.log

Wolfgang Helbig helbig at mailbox.org
Tue Oct 20 18:40:52 CEST 2020

Am 20.10.20 um 11:06 schrieb Wolfgang Helbig:
> Hi,
> Checking my port of metafont with the trap test, I noticed a lot of
> differences in trap.log of the second run of inimf, that I cannot
> explain. They differ in the pointer values of capsules, but I neither
> changed the memory management and I checked all the constant values,
> they are either original or changed for the trap test.
>
> Any hints? Should I worry?
>
> Greetings
from 2008 to 2014, mf changed and the trap.log distributed with the 2014
version is the one
w/o this change. I undid that change in my mf.ch file and voila - no
differences in the pointer values.

This is the relevant difference. Line 11458 of the 2008-mf is replaced
by the two lines
11460 and 11461 of the 2014-mf.
11458c11460,11461
< done1: link(p):=s; beta:=-y_coord(h);
---
 > done1: if (link(p)<>null) then free_node(link(p),knot_node_size);
 > link(p):=s; beta:=-y_coord(h);

Greetings,
Wolfgang

Here is my address, in case some one needs it to send the cheque of San
Serriffe :-)
Wolfgang Helbig
Stauferstr. 22
71334 Waiblingen