[tex-k] [WEB] Header line or not in KNUTHware sources

Andreas Scherer andreas_tex at freenet.de
Wed May 20 14:58:29 CEST 2020

>>>     \def\titlepage{F} % include headline on the contents page
>>>
>>> The five exceptions are mf.web, patgen.web, tangle.web, tex.web, and
>>> weave.web.
>>
>> **patgen.web** does it wrong
>
> Also, both 'pktogf.web' and 'pktype.web' should be fixed.

Finally, **bibtex.web** does it wrong in yet another way: It neither
sets an explicit '\contentspagenumber', picking up the default '0' from
'webmac.tex', thus putting the toc page on a left side; nor does it
'\def'ine an explicit '\rheader' or '\lheader', also picking up the
respective defaults from 'webmac.tex'.

Again, under the assumption that '\def\titlepage{F}' should in fact mean
'\titlefalse' and _include_ a headline on the toc page, the current
result is not very satisfying.

In the case of **bibtex.web**, I would rather suggest to simply remove
'\def\titlepage{F}'/'\titlefalse' and use the default set up in
'webmac.tex', i.e., toc is page '0' without a headline, and the actual
program starts on page 1.

See the attached patch.
--
Andreas