[tex-k] xdvi starts up without showing option menu in right side of window

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed Nov 13 09:21:07 CET 2019

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 08:46:00AM +0100, jfbu wrote:
> Le 13 nov. 2019 à 04:59, Paul Vojta <vojta at math.berkeley.edu> a écrit :
>> You set the xdvi.expertMode when you hit the 'x' key (or actually xdvi does
>> that when you press 'x').
>
> Could I have hit some key by accident on last use which would
> have modified on quitting the .xdvirc without me realizing immediately?

  Yes, ‘x’.

> I understand that perhaps the most rational answer is that
> I did myself intentionally set the non-expert mode at some point
> in the past, and then I lost all memory of that ... but this is
> somewhat depressing thought.

  No, the likeliest answer is that you -- presumably unintentionally --
typed ‘x’, which toggled the expert mode, hiding all menus, and saving
that setting to the .xdvirc.

  (Rather than your memory of things that happened years ago, I would
worry about your comprehension of an email right in front of your eyes
if I were you ...)

	Arthur