[tex-k] xdvi starts up without showing option menu in right side of window

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Wed Nov 13 08:46:00 CET 2019

Hi Paul,

Le 13 nov. 2019 à 04:59, Paul Vojta <vojta at math.berkeley.edu> a écrit :

> You set the xdvi.expertMode when you hit the 'x' key (or actually xdvi does
> that when you press 'x').

ok, i certainly (??) never set intentionally xdvi.expertMode to 0, and checking
now on my laptop I see it is not set at all in the .xdvirc there

I copied it over to the desktop computer and sure enough things are
with the menus,
and moreover the .xdvirc does not acquire an xdvi.expertMode line

thus I am left wondering how the .xdvirc on my desktop acquired an
xdiv.expertMode: 0 line

for all the years I have used xdvi, I have **always** used it with
visible menus and I was immediately puzzled when they
did not show up

Could I have hit some key by accident on last use which would
have modified on quitting the .xdvirc without me realizing immediately?

I understand that perhaps the most rational answer is that
I did myself intentionally set the non-expert mode at some point
in the past, and then I lost all memory of that ... but this is
somewhat depressing thought.

Best,

Jean-François