[tex-k] Spurious spaces in MFbook

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Nov 2 23:25:44 CET 2018

Hi Igor,

    first setting `error_line = 60' and `half_error_line = 36' in
    texmf.cnf to match line breaks with MFbook)

Thanks for the report, but where did you find these numbers stated for
the MFbook? I couldn't find them. mf.web says error_line=72 and
half_error_line=42, and if I use those settings, the output appears just
as printed (page 45), so far as my eyes can discern.

By the way, it is possible to set the values as environment variables to
avoid changing texmf.cnf:
  env error_line=72 half_error_line=42 mf badio
(I should have forced some prefix on the envvar names, but I didn't.)

--best, karl.