[tex-hyphen] frisian hyphenation patterns

Arthur Rosendahl arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu May 19 22:33:16 CEST 2022

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 11:15:11PM +0200, Esger Renkema wrote:
> If you want to include the patterns under the MIT licence, please do! It
> would surprise me, though, if any copyright would apply in this case, since
> the patterns are just the unedited output patgen, which operates without any
> human input.

  I completely agree, and that’s in fact the case for many other pattern
files; but that doesn’t prevent semi-random people from contacting us
regularly and asking about licences.  See our 2016 article for some
details (https://tug.org/TUGboat/tb37-2/tb116miklavec.pdf).

> Do you need me to do anything for this, or add a statement somewhere?

  We’ll do it ourselves, when the time comes.  Thank you for
understanding.

	Best,

		Arthur