[tex-hyphen] hyphenation for Hebrew

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 2 23:13:25 CET 2021

On 3/2/2021 10:17 PM, Yonatan Zilpa wrote:
> Yes it does make sense. I am grateful for  your help and support. It
> helped me a lot.

This is more for Arthur (who knows context). I just did some cut and
paste so the hebrew is probably rubish.

Because we talking of a few cases per document we can do:

\setupalign[r2l] \mainlanguage[hebrew]

\starttext
     \definedfont[file:sileot*hebrew]
   % \hyphenation{שב-פית-וח}
     \hyphenation{שבפי{!}{?}{ת}וח}
     \dostepwiserecurse {50} {200} {10} {
         \startTEXpage
[width=#1pt,align={r2l,tolerant,stretch},offset=10pt,frame=on]
             \dorecurse{20}{שבפיתוח }
         \stopTEXpage
     }
\stoptext

so, what you can try to do is define exceptions ... just add the
'problematic' words  and they will be hyphenated. Now, if you want more
complex pre/post, you can do that too by adding {}{}{} specifications.

     \hyphenation{שב-פית-וח}

     \hyphenation{שבפי{!}{?}{ת}וח}

As long as the replace bit is something in the word (because it's used
to determint the word to be checked.

There are probably other tricks.

Btw, I'm talking lua(meta)tex here.

Hans