[tex-hyphen] hyphenation for Hebrew

Arthur Rosendahl arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Mar 2 22:07:38 CET 2021

On Tue, Mar 02, 2021 at 09:31:55PM +0200, Yonatan Zilpa wrote:
> By adding the command \break (before מתחלקים) I can overcome this line
> overflow issue. The question is how do I get to do it automatically.

  Right.  Thank you.  So at the moment you’re not hyphenating words at
all.  If you want to force TeX to do something similar to what you’re
doing by hand, you can try different values of the parameters
\pretolerance and \tolerance, as explained for example on
http://www.texfaq.org/FAQ-overfull -- It will never look perfect, but
you can already do a lot by adjusting these and a few other parameters.

  If you want to go further and hyphenate words in Hebrew, that’s
probably a lot more work because as far as I know, it’s not really used
in Hebrew (with a few exceptions, like in the video posted by Yannis),
so you’d essentially have to define everything yourself.  Does that make
sense?

	Arthur