[tex-hyphen] [wl at gnu.org: version data missing in ConTeXt hyphenation patterns]

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 25 00:33:28 CET 2021

On 2/24/2021 11:39 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
> ???

I guess that when I made the script it wasn't available. Anyway, I look
at it when I have time (probably when Tomas, his students and I also
look into (new) patterns for (newly) supported languages).

I don't understand the "really bad" because I can't remember any context
user bothering about it (nowadays changes in fonts and handling of
features are more influential). Also, we currently ship only the
versions of patterns that Arthur and Mojca consider to be okay (the last
ones). Users can easily freeze a system that they need for a specific
long term stable situation. I'm pretty sure that when patterns improve
users are happy to check their document rendering (tex often doesn't
hyphenate that much anyway) and never check the files related to
patterns (so no one would notice a version number).

So, I'll add it to the stack of todo's, but with low priority,

Hans