[tex-hyphen] Problems with hyph-la-x=classic.tex

Hironobu Yamashita h.y.acetaminophen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 23:48:57 CET 2020

Claudio,

First, please keep cc to the list.

And, I guess, the problem (which might be specific to you) lies in
your incomplete installation of hyph-la-... files.

You have your own _local_ file
  /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex/hyph-la-x-classic.tex
which is not officially distributed in TeX Live, right?
Then, I guess you should also have your own _local_ file
  /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/ptex/hyph-la-x-classic.ec.tex
which is not officially distributed in TeX Live.

I just got a suggestion from Google that "hyph-la-x-classic.ec.tex"
can be obtained from
https://github.com/gregorio-project/hyphen-la/tree/master/patterns/tex

Just now I noticed that in the current TeX Live,
both "hyph-la-x-liturgic.tex" and "hyph-la-x-classic.tex" are available under
  texmf-dist/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex
but only "hyph-la-x-liturgic.ec.tex" is available under
  texmf-dist/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/ptex
which seems strange to me.  Sorry I'm not at home right now and
I could not reproduce the error reported by Claudio last night.

Hironobu