[tex-hyphen] Add \{left,right}hyphenmin info to pattern files

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Mar 6 12:14:32 CET 2018

> Sorry to jump in gratuitously, but looking at the script I wonder if it
> could integrate a value for the (LuaTeX-specific but useful)
> \hyphenationmin? It's a constraint on the minimal total number of
> letters in a word for it to be hyphenated.

  Yes, of course, that makes a lot of sense.  (Although I have to say I
was really disappointed when I saw that that primitive had been named
\hyphenationmin instead of something more consistent like
\totalhyphenmin ...).

  But the point really is to put the value in hyphenation files so it’s
available for others to use; is there any language you’d like to add
that to?

	Best,

		Arthur