[tex-hyphen] US English patterns in hyph-en-us.pat.txt are buggy

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Sun Jun 11 00:08:09 CEST 2017

	Hi Barbara,

> I concur with the thanks, but would like to point out that the
> file ushyphex.tex is created directly from the exception list in
> tugboat, so performing the suggested operation would have
> no useful effect.

  The set of files we’re discussing right now is the repository
maintained by Mojca and me; in the case of American English, it’s the
pattern file by Gerard Kuiken, that was called ushyphmax.tex and that we
renamed hyph-en-us.tex for consistency with the other pattern sets.  As
you can see the list of hyphenation exceptions is identical to the one
in hyphen.tex: https://github.com/hyphenation/tex-hyphen/blob/master/hyph-utf8/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex/hyph-en-us.tex

	Best,

		Arthur