[tex-hyphen] a question about "office"

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Fri Feb 5 09:22:37 CET 2016

On 02/04/2016 08:28 PM, Barbara Beeton wrote:

> i'm not a member of the "hyphenation
> group", but i *am* the keeper of the
> (u.s.) english hyphenation exceptions
> list, so this interests me.

Dear Barbara,

I’m not sure whether the patterns should have exceptions for LibreOffice
and OpenOffice.

I must confess that English hyphenation is magic to me (I understand
hyphenation in German, Latin and ancient Greek [and of course, in
Spanish]). But English hyphenation is beyond my understanding.

So I submit the issue to your consideration (maybe "Li-bre-Office" and
"Open-Office" should be the right hyphenation points for those words).

Many thanks for your help

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk