[tex-hyphen] tex-hyphen Digest, Vol 55, Issue 5

levan shoshiashvili shoshia at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 8 13:55:09 CEST 2014

>    1. Add a new language support (+hyphenation) (Krzysztof Borowczyk)

> Recently I wanted to prepare some P?li text in the modified Roman
> script. The main problem I'm struggling with is getting Tex/LaTeX to
> hyphenate that for me correctly.
>
> I tried to add support for P?li language and hyphenation, mostly by
> copying and modifying files for Polish language (+ hyphenation rules
> generated by patgen, based on a list of P?li words I hyphenated
> manually).
>

> best regards,
> Krzysztof Borowczyk

It was pain for me to add new language to test hyphenation. I tryed to search on internet but there
mostly is outdated information. adding entries in various language.dat files did not help.
If you use miktex depending on version you need to add language entry in locally generated file
it is in hidden roaming directory  .  I think same is with texlive.
I regenrated tex config data  with command :
#texhash
 #mktexlsr --dump
and it worked

Levan