[tex-hyphen] ptex and language.def

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Apr 17 11:54:32 CEST 2012

Hi Mojca,

many other discussion here already only a few points.

On Di, 17 Apr 2012, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> dehyph-exptl is not mine. I asked the authors to do one of three

True .... I forgot, I thought that is all somehow part of hyph-utf8.

> > There are still files there, namely in
> >        texmf-dist/tex/ptexgeneric/hyphen/
> > there are
> >        grahyph5.tex  grmhyph5.tex  grphyph5.tex  ibyhyph.tex
> > So I didn't do that for now.
>
> They are not needed any more.

But they are loaded, should I remove them?

> > Mojca, I also assume that you know why there are these 4 files
> > in the ptexgeneric/hyphen/ ...
>
> As already explained, these are literal copies of four other files
> with the same name. The reason why they are there is because platex
> was loading Greek patterns unconditionally and it wasn't practical to
> depend on hyphen-greek being installed as a prerequisite for pTeX.

But this is still the case, isn't it???? SO we should *NOT* remove them.

> Thank you very much for the change. I'll remove the remaining patterns
> now. I can leave "negotiations" with Germans to Norbert ;)

I do not negotiate on that, I don't have deeper inside and I have
enough other things here before TL release so that I cannot care for that,
sorry.

Best wishes

Norbert