[tex-hyphen] liturgical latine

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 9 20:26:38 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm not answering to any of the Latin-related questions since it's not
in my responsibility to modify latin patterns directly. If you figure
out how to properly use \savinghyphcodes, please let me know since we
need that for apostrophes.

Independent of that (it might need to be another thread): for proper
support in LuaTeX you might need to consider how to properly support
apostrophes (as in "I'm").

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 11:38, Elie Roux wrote:

> I think the best way to go is to use \savinghyphcodes and ask Claudio about
> a change in the file.

> I'm just realizing that I don't know how the \lccode
> things are handled with the new system...

Do you mean in 8-bit engines? There it's done inside the conversion, see
    tex/generic/hyph-utf8/conversions/conv-utf8-ec.tex
+ some extra definitions in case that apostrophe or hyphen/dash needs an lccode.

In XeTeX it's done inside unicode-letters.tex and assuming that that
file has all the needed definitions. In your latest additions the
lccodes are not needed any more: patterns are stored "as-is". One
needs to make sure that proper lccodes are assigned during typesetting
(which is "none-of-our-business").

> the hyph-xx.chr.txt are not
> handled right now. Where should these things go?

Nowhere. You don't need it. (That was somebody else's request.)