[tex-hyphen] tex patterns as lua files

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 13:37:41 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:30, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> Le 27/04/2010 11:36, Élie Roux a écrit :
>
>>> You may put the dtx file under hyph-utf8/source/generic/hyph-utf8
>>> (feel free to decide whether you want a subdir or not) and the rest
>>> under hyph-utf8/tex/[generic or luatex - no
>>> idea]/hyph-utf8/[something]
>>
>> I'll do that!
>>
> Definitely hyph-utf8/tex/luatex/hyph-utf8/hyphen.cfg (rather than
> .../generic/...) if we want to be sure our hyphen.cfg is found before the
> standard one when running luatex (and conversely, that the standard one is
> found first when not running luatex).

That's your work anyway :)

>>> And the same question is still applicable: should I rename the files
>>> to hyph-xx.xxx.txt?
>>
>> It would make sense for me too, It would be more clear.
>>
> Would make sense to me, too.

OK, done.

> While we're at it, I'd like to suggest some
> other name than "plain" for the directory part : this is rather confusing
> since it can be understood as "plain tex" in this context.

I agree.

> Something like
> plaintext, or, clearer but longer plaintext-patterns seems more appropriate
> to me. (This doesn't really matter from a purely technical POV anyway.)

I didn't change it yet. Two reasons:
1.) it should not matter for the time being (you are using kpathsea, right?)
2.) I'm looking for a name proposal; It could also be patterns/tex &
patterns/txt  (or data or plaintext or raw or ...)

>> so the first solution seems better.
>>
> There still are a few edge cases which I'm investigating, but currently I
> agree.

Waiting for you to express them :)