[tex-hyphen] Serbian (Serbo-Croation) hyphenation patterns.

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 21:48:28 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:

>> new patterns. I did not commit yours yet since I'm waiting for your
>> approval to modify the licence, but the patterns would have been named
>> hyph-sr-latn.tex.
>
> I still disagree with the name. As I said, the patterns are not
> specific to Serbian. Nor to Croatian or Bosnian or whatever new
> language appears tomorrow.

If you think that it would better, we can put

# serbian in latin script
serbian -> loadhyph-hbs.tex
# serbian in cyrillic script
serbianc -> loadhyph-sr-cyrl.tex

into language.dat.

(Unless you want to say that the other patterns should be called
"serbocroatian in cyrillic script".)

"sh" has apparently been deprecated, so we would use the three-letter-code:
   http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/documentation.asp?id=hbs

I would prefer sr-latn, but since both you and Arthur disagree ...
Norbert tested the patterns with TeX Live, and they seem to work.
Once I add the headers, resolve your and German patterns, I would like
to submit the package to CTAN to leave enough time for testing.