[tex-hyphen] Czech and Slovak hyphenation patterns

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 22:52:02 CEST 2008

Hello Petr^2 & others,

To Petr Olsak, who is not subscribed to the list: we're trying to
prepare new unicode hyphenation patterns.

See http://www.tug.org/svn/texhyphen/ and http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-hyphen/
(I can copy-paste a longer explanation from older threads if needed.)

I did not dare using the new loader for Czech and Slovak patterns
since I suspect that I do not understand the macros to their full
extent, and I have a feeling that these patterns might have used on
might be used with some other encoding (il2?). And they might be used
with some plain format.

Currently XeTeX would load the new patterns, and pdfTeX & other 8-bit
engines the old ones. It could have loaded the new one, but I'm not
confident in all the possible border cases where the patterns might
have been used.

But if you (or some other expert from CS group) can have a detailed
look and test if new patterns work even with pdfTeX, please let us
know. It would be nice to move forward, but not for every price, and
definitely not for the price of something-might-be-broken.

Thanks a lot,