[tex-hyphen] Greek hyphenation patterns

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 21:07:52 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Filippou, Dimitrios (RTIT) wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> From the messages I received so far, I have understood that
>
> (i)   the coding (\lccode, etc.) of right guillemets (») in xetex is not correct, and

It has been fixed by Jonathan today. It's not XeTeX's fault, but
LaTeX's fault. It would be nice if you could take a look at your
patterns quickly and see if they work OK with Jonathan's patch and
removed guillemets.

> (ii)  in unicode-letters.tex the uppercase/lowercase coding for Greek vowels is erroneous (as Apostolos has pointed out).

But that doesn't apply to your patterns at all. It might need to be
fixed, but that's outsied of scope of these patterns, and needs to be
fixed somewhere else.

> In the next few weeks, I'll be away from home and office. During my absence, I won't touch my hyphenation patterns. I'll try to fix whatever needs to be fixed once I'm back at the end of July.

Hmmm ... that's too late. In that case I will simply remove any
patterns that include guillemets from "your" files then (from the
files that will be used by XeTeX in TeX Live 2008, to be more
precise).

Thanks to both,