[tex-eplain] Cross-reference hyperlinks between different files

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 15:50:28 CEST 2016

Hi, Karl, hi all.

On 12 august 2007 I wrote the following message to Eplain mailing list:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm glad to know that recent versions of eplain feature hyperlink capability,
> but: is it not possible to have cross-reference hyperlinks between two
> different files?
>
> I managed to achieve this in a quite complicated way building together macros
> from eplain.tex and from hyperbasics.tex, and was hoping there is now some
> simpler way.
>
> Thanks for replies,
> Rodolfo

, followed by a conversation with Oleg who said he would maybe be working at
that in future.  Having now a look at Eplain manual, it seems that such a
feature is still not present.  In fact the cross-reference hyperlinks commands
\definexref and \ref*, as far as I understand, only work within one document.
I wrote some macros that put together (one inside another) hyperlinks and cross
references in order to have cross-reference hyperlinks also between different
documents, but I wish such a feature could be present in future in Eplain since
my macros are roughly hand-made not professional (although, after all, they do
their job).  Karl, do you think it is worth?  I think so, that feature seems
very important to me, who in fact use regularly daily those macros.

Thanks, greetings,

Rodolfo