[tex-eplain] Treat \refn as a number?

Rodolfo Medina romeomedina at libero.it
Wed Aug 18 23:37:34 CEST 2004

Oleg Katsitadze wrote:

>I thought you might be interested in understanding how \IsInteger works---
>it's quite amusing (well, if you are into such things).

It was kind of you to give the entire explanation of the \IsInteger macro,
which I'm studying and learning a lot from.

I was thinking though that maybe the problem that the \IsInteger definition
is able to work out,
i.e. to compare \refn with a number,
can alternatively be solved as well in the way that was suggested by Hartmut
Henkel,
that I reported in my previous message.
In fact, I tried this:

\input eplain

\definexref{label}{1}{}

\def\xrefn#1{%
\edef\tempa{\refn{#1}}\edef\tempa{\meaning\tempa}}

\xrefn{label}

\edef\tempb{1}\edef\tempb{\meaning\tempb}

\ifx\tempa\tempb yes\else no\fi.

\bye

and I got 'yes' (or instead 'no' if I say
\edef\tempb{2}\edef\tempb{\meaning\tempb}).

Best,
        Rodolfo