[tug-summer-of-code] Proposal: Improved multicol

Rasmus Pank Roulund rasmus.pank at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 02:13:00 CET 2009

> Frank has been working on an improvement to multicol as part of LaTeX3
> for quite some time now, but it's still not ready to be used in a
> production sense. If you're interested it would be worth looking at
> xor:
> <http://www.latex-project.org/svnroot/experimental/trunk/xpackages/xor/
> Not for the faint of heart...

  xo-pfloat.pdf is very interesting and it seems promising. Multicol on
  steroids.

  Maybe it is possible to determine the current column and place a [H]
  placement at the top or bottom of the current column. I do not know if
  that is any more achievable than real floats. If it was easily achievable
  Mr. Mittelbach would have probably already supported it in multicol.

  Either way, I think it would be a nice project, /if/ possible.

  Cheers,
  Rasmus