[tug-summer-of-code] Proposal: Improved multicol

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 23:35:45 CET 2009

On 08/03/2009, at 8:40 AM, Karl Berry wrote:

> I certainly have no objection to the project of creating a more
> float-friendly multi-column package, but I am quite sure that Frank
> does
> not have time to serve as mentor.
>
> Will, Joseph, do you have any thoughts?

Output routines are one of my blind spots but I suspect this isn't a
task that could be easily picked up for a summer project.

Frank has been working on an improvement to multicol as part of LaTeX3
for quite some time now, but it's still not ready to be used in a
production sense. If you're interested it would be worth looking at xor:
   <http://www.latex-project.org/svnroot/experimental/trunk/xpackages/xor/

Not for the faint of heart...

All the best,
Will