[tug-summer-of-code] Google Summer of Code 2009 and TUG

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Sat Mar 7 14:31:33 CET 2009

> Hi, I as a student of Macquarie University (Australia) would like to
> participate in this. Where do I have to apply for this?

  On the GSoC page (http://socghop.appspot.com/), which isn't ready yet.
As you can read on that page, they haven't started accepting
applications.  TUG's page on GSoC (http://tug.org/gsoc/) has all the
links to the information you need, including the timeline.  To sum up
for you: student application period opens on March 23th.

> I actually talked to Ross Moore about this and he said I will need to apply
> for it online and then the TUG will choose the best people for the project.

  Yes, that's roughly how it goes.  The GSoC FAQ
(http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2009/faqs.html), linked from
TUG's page, explains it in great detail.

> Can I apply for these three projects so that I might have more chance of
> getting in one of these projects?

  Yes, you can apply for several projects, but you will be accepted to
at most one.  Last year, you could apply to as many as 20 projects, and
it seems Google has set the same limit this year.  Please read the FAQ.

	Arthur