[tug-summer-of-code] Google Summer of Code 2009 and TUG

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Mar 8 00:05:58 CET 2009

    > for it online and then the TUG will choose the best people for the
    > project.

Yes, although the choice will be made based on what the mentors for the
various projects tell us, not in a vacuum.

    > Can I apply for these three projects so that I might have more chance of
    > getting in one of these projects?

Applying for multiple projects does not by itself increase the chance of
being accepted.  The decisions are not made by random choice :).

What will increase a student's chance of being accepted is to show the
mentors for the project that they are familiar with the requirements,
can do the work, and deliver the results.  In other words, check out the
code, start trying to work with it, try to make a specific technical
plan for implementation and talk with the mentors about it, etc.