[pstricks] pst-text package in plain XeTeX

John Was johnoxuk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 12:51:10 CET 2021

In plain XeTeX I don't seem able to achieve outline text (as in the
pst-text package).

\input pst-text doesn't itself cause any error, but when I attempt to use
it (e.g. copying some code from the pst-text manual) I get an error
message.  Thus:

\psCircleText[fil1co1or=blue!40,fontsize=lcm,font=He1vetica]{5,5){Al1 is Fun
within the World}%

yields 'Undefined control sequence' (for \psCircleText).  (I don't know if
any of the following options would also be problematic, since this is as
far as I get.)

Is this a limitation of plain XeTeX as against XeLaTeX, or am I doing
something wrong?

Any other suggestions as to how to achieve outline text would be
appreciated if this isn't going to work!

Best

John Waś

Virus-free.
www.avg.com