[pstricks] DVI previews and PDF building stops working with PSTricks in my setup

Carsten Vogel texnicer at web.de
Mon Jul 4 05:10:34 CEST 2011

Am 03.07.2011 20:11, schrieb Jorge Ramos:
> DVI. I was then redirected to try LAtex=>DVI=>PS=>PDF, and boy... how
> many hours I spent on trying to figure out this... so the problem was
> resolved when:

You could have done it in console, as I pointed out; in texmaker
configurating this step seems more simple to me.
Also I suggested using foxit reader, as far as I remember.

> 3)Configuring correctly Texniccenter in the output profile. I am using
> Adobe Reader X (v.10 I think) and any configuration working for
> previous versions of the reader did not work with X. I found out in

Well, as mentioned. Try in console, then use these commands/options in
that configuration for your editor, again, I dealt with texmaker and I
used only the two steps.

> I will miss the ruler application bundled with YAP nd although I have
> downloaded "A ruler for windows" by Rob Latour, it does not scale as
> the zooming changes in the PDF document. Also, the automatic placement

AFAIK Foxit uses CTRL+R in order to toggle "Rulers" that can be
configured as "in" or "cm" or "mm".
See: http://imagebin.org/161313

I do not want to argue, but just put a stress on my suggestions.

Cheers,
Carsten