[pstricks] PSTricks and PDF

Wed May 26 09:23:13 CEST 2010

Am 26.05.2010 05:34, schrieb Helmer Aslaksen:

> I'm trying to set up PSTricks using MiKTeX 2.8 on Windows 7. I have studied the page
>
> http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=pdf/pdfoutput
>
> and have tried four ways of PDF export, but have had trouble with all four of them.
>
> Ps2pdf: Creating the pdf file was easy, but the link to the pdf2eps script was bad. I found another shell script online, but is there a simple way to do this with MiKTeX? Or should I install Cygwin?

there is no need for cygwin. Important is only an installed ghostscript.
Then you can use the sequence latex->dvips->ps2pdf. For TeXnicCenter
you'll find a profile here
http://mirror.ctan.org/graphics/pstricks/pst-support/
You have to modify the path, if using another location or version
of miktex

> Auto-pst-pdf: I got a long log file. The first error simply says "Creation of test-auto-pst-pdf-pics.pdf failed."

you need also running "pdflatex --enable-write18"

Maybe others can give more help, because I use
texlive on windows which is a bit different to MiKTeX