[pstricks] PSTricks and PDF

Helmer Aslaksen mathelmr at nus.edu.sg
Wed May 26 05:34:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to set up PSTricks using MiKTeX 2.8 on Windows 7. I have studied the page

http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=pdf/pdfoutput

and have tried four ways of PDF export, but have had trouble with all four of them.

Ps2pdf: Creating the pdf file was easy, but the link to the pdf2eps script was bad. I found another shell script online, but is there a simple way to do this with MiKTeX? Or should I install Cygwin?

Pst-pdf: ps2pdf -dAutoRotatePages=/None <file-pics.ps> <file-pics.pdf> did not work for me. A GhostScript window came up, but no file was created.

Auto-pst-pdf: I got a long log file. The first error simply says "Creation of test-auto-pst-pdf-pics.pdf failed."

Pdftricks: I got an error saying

(pdftricks)                No \write 18 capability.
(pdftricks)                You'll have to run a script by yourself!

I executed pdflatex --enable-write18, but maybe some internal calls did not enable write 18.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Helmer Aslaksen
Dept. of Mathematics