[pstricks] using braces from pstricks-add

Alexander Bergolth leo at strike.wu-wien.ac.at
Mon Nov 12 11:01:20 CET 2007

On 11/11/2007 05:51 PM, Herbert Voss wrote:
> Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth schrieb:
>> I'd like to use psbrace to mark stages in a flowchart.
>> However, there are two problems that I couldn't solve in a clean way...
>>
>> 1) I didn't find a good way to set the start- and end-points of the
>> brace, except using pnodes in a separate psmatrix column and guessing
>> the correct offsets. (See my example below.)
>>
>> 2) The brace and it's text-label doesn't eat up space so its width isn't
>> included in the width of the psmatrix. Thus centering the whole figure
>> won't work.
>>
>> Are there any good workarounds for those problems?
>
> choose "empty lines" inside the psmatrix for the nodes.
>    \begin{psmatrix}[rowsep=0.8,colsep=0.4]
>      [name=X1] & \\[-25pt]
>                & \dianode{S}{Condition1?}\\[0pt]

Thanks! This fixes the first Problem.

How did you calculate the negative extra space (-25pt) to obtain "empty
lines"? rowsep is 0.8cm but if I chose [-0.8cm] for the empty line, the
resulting space between the lines is still about 0.2cm more than without
the empty line. Is there any other spacing like a minimum row heigth
that I have to subtract?

Concerning the second problem:
I'd like to include the width of psbrace in the width of the whole
diagram, so that centering will work correctly. Is there a way to obtain
this?

Thanks,
--leo
--
e-mail   ::: Alexander.Bergolth (at) wu-wien.ac.at
fax      ::: +43-1-31336-906050