[pstricks] Plain TeX format of command.

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed May 23 13:48:45 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 23 May 2007 03:42, Herbert Voss wrote:

> This is all not needed for plain tex, an \input pstricks
> should be sufficient. I don't know how ConTeXt loads
> packages.

Two ways: first the modules specific to Context, like the one that
handles Pstricks in two passes and thus produces a pdf file with
embedded Pstricks items, is handled thus:
\usemodule m-pstric
(note spelling)
But for code not specialized to Context a simple
\input statement will do.
Indeed in many cases a file set up for plain pdftex will process
through Context without error. But it has trouble digesting the
eplain macro package.

BTW Context also has an interface to Metapost, through the Metafun
package, but in many cases that is more work than Pstricks. However
the flowchart package that feeds off that interface is quite useful.

Color capability is set up with
\setupcolors[state=start]
--
John Culleton