[pstricks] pst-eps

Herbert Voss LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri May 27 12:30:37 CEST 2005

Patrice Mégret wrote:

> 1) In the example below, pst-eps writes a file output.eps and then
> includes this eps file into the main file.
>
> It works fine but if then I change the colour and compile again, no
> new output.eps is written and I end up with the same colour. To
> overcome this, I should erase output.eps to force the system to write
> the new one.
>
> <>If I look at the code pst-eps.tex, it seems there is a check on the
> existence or not of output.eps but I do not get a message to answer
> yes or no.

running you computer in an intranet you can use the write18 macro.

\def\erase{rm -f output.eps}
\immediate\write18{\erase}

run the source with "latex --shell-escape file"

> 2) If I want to use output.eps alone, I should use the options
> headers=all in \PSTtoEPS[]. On my system (TeXLive) it does not work
> because it does not find the file pstricks.pro. To work, I should put
> this file in the same directory as my main file. Is there a way to
> specify in pst-eps that the pro files are located in a specific directory?
>

> <>3) Is \PSTtoEPS also working when there are \rput(){} commands
> inside the pictures? My main goal is to convert pstricks pictures in
> small eps picture for publications. Should I use instead \TeXtoEPS and
> how?

it is easier to use pst-pdf (http://perce.de/LaTeX/pst-pdf)

with the config file you can save all pspicture environments as eps files.
Alternative you can use the container file <file>-pics.pdf, which holds all
images as single pdf pages. Run the latex source with the script ps4pdf,
also available at the website.

\documentclass{article}

 \usepackage{pstricks}

\usepackage{pst-pdf}