[pstricks] pst-eps

Patrice Mégret patrice.megret at fpms.ac.be
Fri May 27 10:50:00 CEST 2005

Dear all,

I try to use the new version of pst-eps and I experience some troubles:

1) In the example below, pst-eps writes a file output.eps and then includes
this eps file into the main file.

It works fine but if then I change the colour and compile again, no new
output.eps is written and I end up with the same colour. To overcome this, I
should erase output.eps to force the system to write the new one.

If I look at the code pst-eps.tex, it seems there is a check on the
existence or not of output.eps but I do not get a message to answer yes or
no.

2) If I want to use output.eps alone, I should use the options headers=all
in \PSTtoEPS[]. On my system (TeXLive) it does not work because it does not
find the file pstricks.pro. To work, I should put this file in the same
directory as my main file. Is there a way to specify in pst-eps that the pro
files are located in a specific directory?

3) Is \PSTtoEPS also working when there are \rput(){} commands inside the
pictures? My main goal is to convert pstricks pictures in small eps picture
for publications. Should I use instead \TeXtoEPS and how?

Thanks for your help

Patrice

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{pstricks}

\usepackage{pst-eps}

\usepackage{graphicx}

\pagestyle{empty}

\begin{document}

\PSTtoEPS[bbllx=0cm,bblly=0cm,bburx=3cm,bbury=3cm]{output.eps}{%

   \begin{pspicture}(0,0)(3,3)

     \psgrid

     \psline[linecolor=green](2,1)(1,0)(3,3)

   \end{pspicture}