[pstricks] doppellog.tex

Murty Kanury kanurya at engr.orst.edu
Wed Jan 5 01:26:18 CET 2005

Dear Dr. Herbert Voss:

Caution, I am a novice in PSTricks with and/or without your -add package

which appears to be very novice-friendly. I had been playing with a log-ln

graph example you had presented underthe name " doppellog.tex" As I

play with this example and succeeded in producing an .eps out of it, I

found something surprising. The y-axis in your example .pdf as well as in

my .dvi, .ps and .eps output files seems to be seriously wrong. The length

of the y-axis between successive units in a log or ln cycle should become

progressively smaller as we go from 1, 2, 3, .... 9, 10. The distance between

1 and 2 is larger than that between 2 and 3, etc. so that in ten steps,

10^(-n) becomes 10^(-[n-1]). The scale in the figure resulting from the doppellog

example code implies that 10 times 10^(-n) = 10^(-[n+1]), which is obviously

wrong.

Can you point to me where in the program is the mistake? Or, is it that I am

altogether in the far-left-field?

Sincerely, Murty Kanury