[pstricks] achieving arced zigzags with PSTricks?

Denis Girou Denis.Girou at idris.fr
Fri Nov 16 22:18:49 CET 2001

>>>>> "Francois-Rene.Rideau" == Francois-Rene Rideau <fare at tunes.org> writes:

    Francois-Rene.Rideau> I would like to be able to do curved nczigzag's, much like ncarc allows
    Francois-Rene.Rideau> me to achieve curved nclines. i.e. have a nczirczarc object that goes
    Francois-Rene.Rideau> zigzag around an arc rather than around a straight line.

  Unfortunately, I do not think that this is a simple question, so I am not sure
at all that you will got a solution...

  I have just looking at a solution that I have in my archives, so if there is
not an easier solution that the author of this code had not seen, I only can
say that this is far to be trivial... It require some mathematics (specially
trigonometry) and a good knowledge of PostScript programming, outside an
understanding of some PSTricks internals. And this is around 100 lines of code
(including the management of some special parameters).

  This code is not at all mine, so unfortunately I can't give it (it was
developed rather long time ago now, as part of a work that his author finally
choosed to not diffuse -which is perfectly respectable.)

D.G.