[pracjourn-forum] PJMS and Pitfalls

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Apr 27 23:53:58 CEST 2005

    PracJourn class file (is there one for ConTeXt?),

Apparently not yet, at least there is nothing for context at
http://tug.org/pracjourn/styles/

    use "\dots" or "\dots."? I'm inclined towards the latter....

I'm inclined toward the former :).

    Are there official TUGBoat, et al., bibliography database files? A

Database, yes, there is a tugboat.bib maintained by Nelson Beebe and
Barbara Beeton.  Unfortunately it hasn't been updated in quite a few
issues at this point, but that's a different story.

But I suspect you mean "style", and the answer is no, there is no
tugboat bst.  The ltugbib.bst is not what we generally want people to
use, it's a special case for humanities types; I don't recall
specifically why it exists.

I personally think "plain" is the best default choice, I pretty much
hate author/date -- but some articles are really best in author/date.
So I think it's a case-by-case thing with recommendations rather than
a mandated requirement.

    hate to see phrases like "and [45] showed how such and such".

Doesn't bother me :).  Although usually "Jones showed how such and such
[45]" is better, IMHO.

Cheers,