[pgf-tikz] CTAN Upload: pgf

Henri Menke henri at henrimenke.de
Sun Jan 15 13:55:01 CET 2023

On Sun, 2023-01-15 at 13:30 +0100, Erik Braun wrote:
> Hello PGF authors,
>
> Thanks for this upload:
>
> > Package:        pgf     [found]
> > Version:        3.1.10
>
> Compared with the previous layout in
>   https://ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pgf/base
> the directories are structured quite differently. Just to be sure:
> Can you
> please confirm that the previously existing directory should be
> replaced by the
> uploaded unpacked archive? This does not refer to the TDS file, but
> to the
> contents of pgf_3.1.10.ctan.flatdir.zip

Compared to the last release we have switched to l3build for our build
infrastructure and just use whatever this spits out as a CTAN archive.
This seems to leave the Lua files inside the TeX tree and does not
consider the directory "source" at all (but this is also not contained
in the TDS zip anymore). If you think this is wrong, please raise an
issue with l3build: https://github.com/latex3/l3build/issues

Since PGF is a massively complicated package with tons of files, we
have never cared about the (for us rather useless) flatdir format. You
may restructure the submitted files in whichever way you prefer with
the exception of the TDS zip which is the one that downstream consumers
like TeX Live or MikTeX are supposed to install.

Kind regards,
Henri