[pdftex] foreign letter in text

David Carlisle david.carlisle at nag.co.uk
Mon Apr 22 09:51:20 CEST 2024

On 22/04/2024 00:12, Aleks Kleyn wrote:

Yes, you right. I added all my \usepackage macros and still have proper
output. The same time in my log file I see error
Missing character: There is no ... in font cmr10!
Instead of ... symbol which I cannot copy. But what I have found. When I
 open notepad, it creates file UTF-8. The files that I use for years are
 ANSI. I have about 2000 files. So I do not think I can convert files to
 UTF-8

Aleks Kleyn

cmr has never had cyrillic characters so that is not a change, ANSI encodings don't have  cyrillic either.

There have been no changes related to this in pdftex. LaTeX  has defaulted to UTF-8 since 2018: if you don't want to re-encode the files as UTF-8 you can (as before) tell latex the encoding used such as \usepackage[cp1251]{inputenc}  or whatever encoding the files are in.  The change in default encoding should not have affected any latex files that were correctly specifying the encoding used.

David

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is: 30 St. Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LE, United Kingdom. Please see our Privacy Notice <https://www.nag.com/content/privacy-notice> for information on how we process personal data and for details of how to stop or limit communications from us.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware by Microsoft Exchange Online (EOP)