[pdftex] pdftex throwing error despite no image

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Nov 3 10:44:32 CET 2023

Am Wed, 01 Nov 2023 21:43:59 +0000 schrieb Xie, Emma via pdftex:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting the below error in the Log File of TexStudio when I try to compile my project:
>
> "! Package pdftex.def Error: File `../../equity_derivatives/shared/model_impleme
> ntation/Figs/system-data-inputs-process-flow.jpg' not found: using draft settin
> g.
>
> See the pdftex.def package documentation for explanation.
> Type H <return> for immediate help."
>
> The file which is responsible for this error doesn't contain any images. For reference, this is what the file looks like in TexStudio:
> [cid:image001.png at 01DA0CEA.FDBA0C40]
>
> What is causing this error and how can I troubleshoot it? I've tried reading the documentation and looking online to no avail. Any insight is greatly appreciated

You are on the wrong list here. This is about pdftex engine bugs not
about debugging arbitrary LaTeX code.

Beside this an image of a small part of your code is not enough. You
obviously have a complex document which uses lots of files arranged
in various folders and uses environments defined by some privat
package or class. Nobody can tell you simply by looking at an image
of a paragraph why at some time a graphic is searched and why it is
not found. I assume that you didn't setup this project yourself, so
ask the person who gave it to you for help.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/