[pdftex] \pdfendlink ended up in different nesting level than \pdfstartlink

Aleks Kleyn Aleks_Kleyn at mailAPS.org
Mon Oct 24 00:06:51 CEST 2022

I attached source code that gives error

\pdfendlink ended up in different nesting level than \pdfstartlink

and after this error pdfLaTeX crashes. Long time I was thinking that this crash relates to packages. But once similar code which has only English text I compiled using dvips and dvips compiled without problem. Therefore this is a bug in pdflatex.

And I cannot use dvips with this code because there is problem with package babel.

Starting file is 2207.06506 Russian. File should be translated twice because error happens on second translation. I also added log file into zip file which helps to see how pdflatex reacts on this error. In log file I see that somebody tries to fix this problem. However the problem still exists. I will appreciate if somebody can help to fix this bug.

Thank you,

Aleks Kleyn

 <http://alekskleyn.dyndns-home.com:4080/> http://alekskleyn.dyndns-home.com:4080/

 <http://arxiv.org/a/kleyn_a_1> http://arxiv.org/a/kleyn_a_1