[pdftex] \tracinglostchars

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Mon Feb 15 22:36:14 CET 2021

Hi Ross,

Le 15 févr. 2021 à 22:28, Ross Moore <ross.moore at mq.edu.au> a écrit :

> If you are using a script, e.g. to run LaTeX multiple times,
> then build the index and run again, etc.  ...
>
> … just add an appropriate  grep   line to look for
> infelicities that you know you care about.

that's true and the "Missing charater: ....!" lines are characteristic enough

well Latexmk does precisely that:

Latexmk: Summary of warnings from last run of *latex:
  =====Latex reported missing or unavailable character(s).
=====See log file for details.

which is a bit misleading because it is not LaTeX
but the engine which reports the missing characters.
However it does report the important bit of information:
some glyphs maybe simply missing from the pdf output!
check the log!

But I did not want to mention it and be too LaTeX-centric :-)

Emacs/AUCTeX on the other hand does not have, to the
best of my knowledge that built-in but surely elisp savvy
users will add it with no problem

(however it does parse the log and this noticeably
slows down the build process)

Cheers,

Jean-François