[pdftex] Interrobang

Peter Schmitt peter.schmitt at univie.ac.at
Mon May 25 03:37:21 CEST 2020

On Sun, 24 May 2020, Karl Berry wrote:

>     \Character{8253}
>
> I'd just like to mention that \Character is not a pdftex primitive.
> I surmise the issue is with the packages (whatever they are) that
> you're using. As far as I can tell from the descriptions, the problem is
> not with pdftex (the program) itself. --best, karl.

Well, as I said, I do not know doctopdf (or doctotex) -- I only tried to
find a method to solve the problem.
But if it is possible to redefine \Character this means that
\Character{} is passed to the intermediate .tex-file.
And then \textinterrobang would also be passed to it, wouldn't it?
And since this works with pdflatex it could be used directly.

Or am I wrong? Peter