[pdftex] SVG and pdftex.

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 18:15:52 CET 2009

Robert, thanks for the answer

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Robert <w.m.l at gmx.net> wrote:
> On 01.11.2009 17:52 Uhr, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>>
>> First, lualatex complained about microtype (which methink should be
>> expected)
>
> Not really. microtype is supposed to be compatible with luatex, but since
> luatex primitives have been renamed in TeXLive 2009, it currently breaks.
> This will soon be fixed on CTAN, but for now you can say
>
> \let\luaescapestring\luatexluaescapestring
>
> before loading microtype.

WORKS

>> Lualatex produced the same 2508 pp as pdflatex with microtype albeit
>> pdf was 15.8 with lualatex rather than 14.1 with pdflatex. So I
>> presume that microtype functionality at least partly in luatex
>> included
>
> No. Luatex has inherited some of pdftex's microtypography features (viz.,
> protrusion and expansion), but they will only be activated if you load the
> microtype package. If the two files are the same, this means that the one
> generated with pdftex does not activate microtype, either.

Sorry - I meant "look the same" and I am not very acute observer.And
honestly I looked at number of pages only.
 And disabling microtype increases number of pages in pdflatex by count of 20

Actually, including microtype with lualatex increased the size from
15.8 MB to 16.1 MB and 2508 to 2512 pages

Best. Victor