[pdftex] A strange information on the fonts of my pdf file.

hongyi.zhao at gmail.com hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Sat May 2 18:14:09 CEST 2009

Dear All,

When writing my Phd thesis, I use type1 fonts generated by myself with subfonts.pe.  In the result pdf file compiled by pdflatex, I found a strange thing for the cjkfamily song used by me.  To be more specifically, all the song font embedded in the pdf file are divided into the following two types:

SimSun-GBK-EUC-H (Embedded Subset)
Type: Type 1 (CID)
Encoding: Identity-H

and something like this:

gbksong39 (Embedded Subset)
Type: Type 1
Encoding: Built-in

In my opinion, all of subfonts of song should be recognized as something like the latter one rather than the former.  Furthermore, as far as the former is concerned, I cann't figure out why such a font would be embedded into the pdf by pdflatex?  Could you please give me some hints on this issue?

Thanks in advance.
--
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao at gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry