[pdftex] FW: Turning off hyperlinks in pdfLaTex

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 20 22:46:53 CET 2008

Smith, Stephen wrote:
> Let me clarify my question.  I am using pdfLaTex which as I understand it (from the log) loads hyperref.  At this time I want to turn off all of the hyperlinks when I create the pdf file (imitating the draft option in hyperref).  I have searched the FAQs, pdfTeX manual and google but no luck. Can some tell me how to do this?

Why do you say "imitating the draft option in hyperref "?
Why not just actually _use_ the hyperref draft option?

Maybe what you are missing is the \hypesetup command,
which can be used to add options to hyperref
after it is loaded, ie in your document. so

   \hypersetup{draft=true}

in your document preamble would likely be the command
you need.

--
Sebastian Rahtz