[pdftex] FW: Turning off hyperlinks in pdfLaTex

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 20 22:19:50 CET 2008

Smith, Stephen <SmithSJ at mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca> wrote:

> Let me clarify my question.  I am using pdfLaTex which as I understand
> it (from the log) loads hyperref.  At this time I want to turn off all
> of the hyperlinks when I create the pdf file (imitating the draft
> option in hyperref).  I have searched the FAQs, pdfTeX manual and
> google but no luck. Can some tell me how to do this?

pdflatex doesn't load hyperref of its own accord.

your document loads hyperref; in the simplest case, you stop it doing
that by removing the command \usepackage{hyperref} and associated
hyperref-y things.  (there could be a more elaborate definition of
"hyperref-y", except you've not show us any of your document...)

it may be that you load a package that loads hyperref.  you can (as you
no doubt know) determine which package is the guilty party, in this
case, by reading the log.

robin

robin