[pdftex] pdftex Digest, Vol 66, Issue 3

ivo welch ivowel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 17:09:07 CEST 2008

Hi John (everybody):

My own problem was easy to fix.  I realized that I own a copy of
Omnipage OCR, so I just ran the pdf file through it.   nice MSW
output.  (well, to the extent that anything MSW can be considered
nice.)  Highly recommended.

I also forwarded the pdf file to Han about it, who also got the same
problem.   My suspicion is that this could be an error in Acrobat
Pro---the preflight states its ok, but it can still not deal with the
pdftex output file.  I hope/think it was useful to point out this
problem to Han.  Maybe it will help making pdftex more robust with
respect to buggy Adobe software.

Thanks everybody.

best,

/ivo