[pdftex] pdftex output -> Acrobat Professional

jonathan d p ferguson jdpf at sunforge.com
Fri Jul 4 19:33:52 CEST 2008

hi.

On Jul 2, 2008, at 10:14 PM, ivo welch wrote:
> I am trying to run this pdf file through Adobe Acrobat Professional
> 8.1.1.  (I want to convert it into MS Word---unfortunately, someone
> who does not know latex needs it.)

For conversions to Word format I use Tex4ht these days, see:

http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/mn-commands.html

The conversion chain goes from LaTeX to OpenOffice to Word:
htlatex filename "xhtml,ooffice" "ooffice/! -cmozhtf" "-coo -cvalidate"

Then Save As... Word Format in OpenOffice.

Using Acrobat Pro 8.1.2, my exported Word document is more convoluted
than that produced with the TeX4ht chain. My document features a table.

YMMV.

have a day.yad

jdpf