[pdftex] Re: hiding optional content

Pawel Jackowski jackos1 at poczta.onet.pl
Sat Jan 7 11:12:57 CET 2006

Hi,

> On 06.01.2006 11:03, Pawel Jackowski wrote:
>
>> afaik only Acrobat 6 and hi supports displaying PDF 1.5 optional
>> content. Meybe you can fake macros supporting layers to so called
>> marker content
>>     /Subpage BMC ... EMC
>> stuff? Similar in syntax, doesn't affect the preview, introduced in
>> PDF 1.3 I think...
>
> Hm, I've had a look at the specs but I don't see how I could use marked
> content to do the same thing as optional content.

Seems I've missunderstood the question then; i thought you want to have
a macro handle that nicely switches the layers on for 1.5 output and off
for olders.

> What I would need is something like a switch that makes older viewers
> ignore all content. In the meantime, I've come across the BX ... EX
> compatibility operators. However, they will only ignore unknown
> operators, not the content.

meybe you could use Hide Actions (PDF 1.2 i think) and use some and
annotations instead? Just a think, haven't play with this stuff at all.

Best,
--
Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl